Bacterial & Mold Detection Identification and Quantification
Board Spectrum Microbial Detection & Identification
How to Order
Go to the “SHOP” tab. Select the test(s) you need (e.g. ERMI, HERTSMI-2, etc.)
Prices Listed are for a 7 day turnaround time.
For faster service, please select 3 days or 1-day service.
Turnaround time begins when your order is received by EnviroBiomics.
Once your order is received, we will mail you a sample collection kit with instructions.
Test results are delivered via email unless otherwise requested.
- The Swiffer cloth is a simple and convenient method of sample collection, but we have optional methods to supply if those are needed.
- ERMI test measures 36 mold species EPA Protocol.
- HERTSMI-2 test measures 5 mold species (The Big 5), Dr. R. Shoemaker Protocol.
How it Works
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) involves massively parallel sequencing of millions of DNA fragments, providing vast amounts of data quickly and at an affordable cost. This enables in-depth analysis of entire genomes at unprecedented levels, allowing researchers to explore questions/hypotheses that previously would have required years to answer.
Next-generation sequencing is defined as a process where DNA strands are sequenced in parallel and substantially minimize the need for the fragment cloning used in Sanger sequencing of genomes.
Example Targets of Interest
- Actinomycetes & Nocardia
- Custom orders
- Custom orders
By the application of NGS, we can study how you interact with the microbial co-inhabitants – without being limited by the methodological constraints we have been subjected to in the past. NGS will allow us to determine and quantify the fullest spectrum of the microbiota in your environment.
Sequencing is the process of determining the precise order of nucleotides within the genome. It includes various methods or technologies that are used to determine the order of the four nucleotides in the DNA strand. The advent of rapid DNA sequencing methods has greatly accelerated biological and medical research and discovery.
Available NGS protocols are listed below and can be found on the shopping tab.
This technology has a plethora of applications, such as:
- diagnosing and understanding complex diseases;
- whole-genome sequencing;
- analysis of epigenetic modifications;
- mitochondrial sequencing;
- transcriptome sequencing – understanding how altered expression of genetic variants affects an organism; and
- exome sequencing – mutations in the exome are thought to contain up to 90% of mutations in the human genome, which leads to disease.
- DNA techniques have been used to identify and isolate genes responsible for certain diseases, and provide the correct copy of the defective gene known as ‘gene therapy’.
The specialized Journal of Next Generation Sequencing & Applications has emerged as a broad-based journal found on two key tenets:
- To publish the most exciting Reviews on Next-generation Sequencing & Applications:
- Second to provide a rapid turn-around time possible for reviewing and publishing of articles freely for research, teaching and reference purposes.
- It is basically aimed at the Clinical Practitioners, medical/ health practitioners, students, professionals and researchers, and professional bodies and institutions.
- The Journal of Next Generation Sequencing & Applications is a peer-reviewed medical journal that includes a wide range of fields in its discipline to create a platform for the authors to make their contribution towards the journal and the editorial office promises peer review for the submitted manuscripts to ensure quality.